This block heater (120 V, 1500 W) can be used on:
- Caterpillar 3406 (except 1998 ADEM 2), 3406C, 3406E (14.6L, ADEM 3 and ADEM 2000), 3408 (except 1998 ADEM 2), and 3456 15.8L engines.
It replaces the 1” threaded plug in the rear of the oil cooler bonnet on the right side of the engine.
- Caterpillar C9 ACERT and non ACERT engines
It replaces the 1” NPT plug in the right rear of the engine block.
- Caterpillar C15 and C16 non ACERT engines.
It replaces the threaded plug in the back of the oil cooler.
- Detroit Diesel 6V71 and 8V71 engines (in an alternate location).
It threads into the 1” NPT plug in the front face of the engine block
- Detroit Diesel pre 2007 Series 50 and 60 engines.
It mounts in the 1” NPT opening in either the water pick up pipe (for models up to 1991) or in the 1” NPT opening on the oil cooler housing (for models after 1991). A heat shield is required for models dated 1991 and later
- John Deere engines 6125 (12.5L) with a 1” NPT opening in the oil cooler casting.
This block heater mounts directly into the water jacket of the engine, reducing engine wear due to cold starts by up to 50 percent.
It comes with a 2-wire, grounded, 6 feet (1.8m) HPN cord and plug, and ships with a 12-month warranty.
Do not hesitate to call us at 888.687.0539 if you have any questions about this item.
As always, your satisfaction is guaranteed!